Simple Patterns for Daily Prayer
1. Adoration: Praise God for Who He is and acknowledge His greatness, remembering His character and attributes. (Psalm 63, 95)
2. Confession: Confess the ways your motivations and actions have not aligned with God’s Word and His commands. Ask forgiveness and receive by faith the promise of the Gospel. (Psalm 32, 1 John 1:9)
3. Thanksgiving: Thank God for His work in your life, remembering the grace and mercy God has already shown you in Christ. Give thanks for the ways He has blessed and provided.
(Psalm 118, Psalm 136, Colossians 3:15, 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18)
4. Supplication: Ask God for your specific requests for yourself and others. Share with the LORD what is on your heart and in your thoughts where you need God’s help, guidance, and healing. (Psalm 55, Psalm 86, Philippians 4:6)
10 SPECIFIC PRAYERS FOR SALVATION
Prayer is part of fixing our minds (thoughts) and hearts (emotions) on God and seeking Him in total dependence for salvation, wisdom, healing and strength for ourselves and others.
By using God’s language (the Bible) when we pray, we can be confident that we are praying effectively and according to God’s will. Look up the scripture given in parentheses and pray it back as you seek the LORD for someone He has laid on your heart who needs salvation in Jesus.
1. LORD, I pray that you draw ______ to Yourself. (John 6:44)
2. LORD, I pray that ______hears and believes Your Word for what it really is. (1 Thess 2:13)
3. LORD, I pray that ______seeks to know You. (Acts 17:27)
4. LORD, I ask that YOU prevent Satan from blinding ______ to Your truth (2 Corinthians 4:4, 2 Timothy 2:25-26)
5. Holy Spirit, I ask you to convict ______of his/her sin and need for Christ’s redemption.
6. LORD, I ask that You send someone who will share the Gospel with ______. (Colossians
7. LORD, I also ask that You give me the opportunity, courage, and right words to share
with ______ the hope of Your Gospel. (Colossians 4:3-6)
8. LORD, I pray that ______turns from his/her sin and follows You. (Acts 17:30-31;
1 Thessalonians 1:9-10)
9. LORD, I pray that ______ would put all of his/her trust in Christ as his/her personal Lord
and Savior. (John 1:12; 5:24)
10. LORD, I pray that ______ confesses Christ as Lord, takes root and grows in faith,
bearing fruit for Your glory. (Romans 10:9-10; Colossians 2:6-7; Luke 8:15)