Our team will be working with the Homeless, the Elderly and also with a group directly affected by Human Trafficking (I believe mostly women and children).
We are collecting…
- Gently Used costume jewelry (putting the items in individual sandwich size baggies might be helpful)
- Sample Sized Toiletries (Shampoo, Soap, Lotions, Tissues, toothpaste, etc.)
There will be a marked box out front in the lobby for you to drop your items. We will be collecting items from Sunday, Sept. 4 – Friday, Sept. 30.
For more information or questions, please email email@example.com
CBC is sending a team of 23 missionaries to partner with Hope of Life International as an avenue to spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ and reach each precious life before it is too late. During our seven days in country (October 4-11, 2016), we will conduct baby rescue efforts, work with disabled children, care for the elderly, and provide food to the families who live at the local dump, all in the name of Jesus Christ. Hope of Life International’s mission is to be the helping hands and busy feet of Jesus to the people of Guatemala, particularly those in great need in the highlands of this beautiful country. By providing humanitarian aid such as distributing food, clothing, and shoes; conducting medical clinics, restoring villages, rescuing at-risk children, and more, Hope of Life is able to reach the hearts of the people desperate for hope.
You can join our team and support the work of this missions trip in two important ways:
- You can pray for our team and for the many preparations we are working through to be effective in this year’s mission. Pray that we would have the opportunity to continue building relationships with the people we serve both on the campus and in the outlying villages and dump, especially the children and old people.
- Please consider donating financially to the cost of the mission so that we can field this year’s team and meet all the expenses related to serving and advancing the Gospel in Guatemala. If you are willing and able to financially assist with this trip you can donate in two ways:
- Make a check out to “Community Bible Church of Fair Lakes” and write in the memo field “Guatemala Missions. “
- Donate through our GoFundMe account at www.gofund.me/HOL2016.
Each missionary brings unique gifts to bear in Guatemala. Your donation helps send the necessary workforce and the spiritual presence needed to accomplish the practical ministry of Hope of Life and bring the message of salvation to a region of the world where poverty is still very deep for tens of thousands of people.
Stay updated on the team by visiting our Facebook site at www.facebook.com/CBCGuatemala2016.